Tuesday, March 4, 2014


Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip pancakes with Peanut Syrup




First off most of you know we are expecting baby number 2!!! So that is the reason and excuse I am using for not blogging lately. Morning sickness was really bad in the 1st trimester but I am 16 weeks and 2 days today!!! Yay!!! So since I am feeling better I want to get back to blogging. :-)



Now onto the pancakes........ I have been really wanting to try make pancakes for Zoe because all the ones in the store frozen or in the box has eggs in it or milk. So I bought all the ingredients I thought I would need and made them tonight! Zoe absolutely loved them! She kept telling me "yummmmmmmmmmmmy mommy!" and I got many hugs and her telling "thank you for my pancakes". So all I think now is why haven't I made these sooner?????? Here is what i did.......

Ingredients

  • 2 cups Bisquick Original
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used Zoe's vanilla almond milk)
  • 2 very ripe bananas, mashed 
  • 1/3 cup of chocolate chips


Peanut butter Syrup
  • ½ cup pancake syrup
  • ¼ cup peanut butter
  • about 1 tbsp non-dairy milk
  



Zoe helped me make the pancakes too. She was so excited!





 The pancakes turned out so fluffy




I made enough for Alex, Zoe, and I. And I still had leftovers to freeze for breakfast.




My hubby put peanut butter on his pancakes anyways so I made this and syrup and everyone  loved it! 




The pancakes and syrup together....It was so yummy!





 I can't get over how much she enjoyed them. Zoe loved them! So they are kid approved ;-)









No comments:

Post a Comment