Monday, February 18, 2013




Country Sweet Calzone.......Yummmmmmmmmmmm!!!




Doesn't this look so yummy????






My Sister Tracie got me addicted to Country sweet calzone's  from Avanti's years ago. And very time I came in to visit my family I always want to stop and get one. But that only happened twice. But the last time I came in for a visit. I went grocery shopping with my mom and found the sauce!!! I was so excited!!!! And my Walmart actually sells the sauce too!!! (that is amazing) So I taught I would give it a try and I did and it was amazing!!! My hubby even loved it!!! This makes two large calzones .This is what I did....


I made my calzone dough which is 

1 cup of water
3 cups of bread flour
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp of salt
2 tsp of dry active yeast


And while that was stirring and rising in my bread machine. I cooked 4 chicken tenders all the way done.
When everything was done I cut the dough in half and rolled it out. And then I placed 1/4 of cup of the Country sweet sauce in the center of the dough and I spread it all around the dough 2 inches away from the edge. Then I cut up 2 chicken tenders and placed them all over in the sauce and then I put 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken tenders. And then I folded the dough over.  I also put a little olive oil on top with Italian seasonings and Parmesan cheese. And then I placed it on my cookie sheet stone and cooked in on 400 for 20 minutes. Make sure you have the sauce with you while your eating it. I love to dip my extra bread in the sauce...yummmmmmmmmm 


No comments:

Post a Comment