Saturday, February 23, 2013


Mac and Cashew Cheese


I cant remember if I have ever posted on my blog Zoe's favorite Vegan meal. she loves mac and cashew cheese. Its pretty easy to make too. So its a win-win for the both of us. But its very expensive. I paid almost $15.00 for a pound of raw cashews. That is why I don't eat very much of it. But its very yummy.....







First I soaked 1/2 of a pound of raw cashew in water till its just covered. For two hours at least. (I have left it soaking over night and I got the same results)


Then I cook a 1/2 of a pound of pasta fully


 While the pasta is cooking I make the "cheese"


I drain the cashews and put the water that they were soaking in a side in a cup. And then I put my cashews in my food processor and add...

2 squeezes of lemon juice
1/3 of the cashew soaked water
1 teaspoons of minced garlic
1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar  
Salt and pepper to taste. 

I love salty cheese so if it was for me I would have added more then what I make for Zoe




 Then I puree till smooth




Then put the "cheese" in a mixing bowl




Then pour the macaroni in with the "cheese"  and fold it in
And your done!!!



 I put most of it in freezable containers but if you are going to freeze it you have to add 2 tablespoons of milk to it (I use almond milk for Zoe) and it helps it not to be so dry when you reheat it.



Zoe so excited about her mac and cashew cheese. 


This is serious....



 "Momma leave me alone I am trying to eat"



No comments:

Post a Comment