Wednesday, April 2, 2014






Baby Brinkerhoff #2




I planned my gender ultrasound on the 28th of March. Which turned out great! Alex had off that Friday and I wanted my parents to come in for a visit so we can celebrate Zoe 3rd birthday. So my appointment was at 10:30 a.m and we arrived a little early because I had to do some paper work. In the waiting room I had to take a letter for my turn because it was busy and I got the letter "B" which I thought was funny because I started thinking in my head things that started with "B" like......baby.....baby Brinkerhoff.....or was it for Baby boy Brinkerhoff???? I guess stupid things like that go through my head when I am board..lol. My guess was girl and my hubby was guessing boy. If you asked Zoe if she was going to have a brother or sister she would say brother but if you asked her if the baby was a girl or boy she would say girl. We have tried to explain it to her but she doesn't get it...lol.  Zoe is very excited about being a big sister and I know she will be a great big sister. She loves babies. She points them out when we are at the store or at church. And she tries to say "hi" to them and she gets disappointed when they don't say "hi" back. 


So this is my paper work for the ultrasound and the the letter "B" I had for registration.


Papa and Mimi bought her a balloon and she loved it!


We are waiting for my name to be called. 


Well I will tell you right now that the baby wouldn't cooperate and tell us if the it was a boy or a girl. It was being a little stinker. I left the ultrasound crying (I know I am pregnant so my emotions were high) but the tech was not very nice. She said I had a 45 minute slot but I don't think we were there that long. I could be wrong I wasn't timing it but she wouldn't tilt the screen and let me see the baby the whole time until the end I got to see the baby maybe for a minute. I don't even think it was that long. And the tech didn't let me hear the heartbeat. She measured it and said it was 141 but she didn't let me hear it. So that's why I left the ultrasound crying. Yes I was disappointed that we didn't find out the gender but I was soooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to seeing my baby and hearing that beautiful sound of the baby's heartbeat. But what I have to keep telling myself as long as the baby is healthy that is what matters most. We really don't care if the baby is a girl or boy as long as the baby is healthy that is what matters the most. I have a doctors appointment next week to talk to my doctor about the ultrasound and I am hoping she reschedules a new one but if she doesn't we have an appointment for a elective ultrasound on April 19th. I will be drinking a lot of orange juice before my ultra sound to make sure that baby is moving and not sleeping next time. But here is a picture of our beautiful baby! It stayed in this position the whole time. It's hand did move a little but that is it. I can't wait to hold this baby and give it lots and lots of kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment